Saturday, January 12, 2008

The "Create a Contest" Contest

A little bird reminded me I should be promoting Like a Thief in the Night and letting people know that this red hot futuristic tale of sex, murder, magic and mayhem will be available for sale at Samhain Publishing on January 15, 2008 for the low, low price of $3.50.

But how should I promote the novella? Maybe a contest? I wracked my brain, which took all of 2 seconds, and came up with these ideas:

  • The "Guess Bettie's Favorite Color Contest"
  • The "Tell Bettie Why You Deserve a Free Book" Contest
  • The "Guess How Many Fingers Bettie is Holding Up Behind her Back" Contest.
Maybe I'm not so good at this contest thing. Maybe I used up my one good idea on the Hard Boiled contest. No, wait, I have one more idea: I'll let potential contest entrants make up their own contest.

So, here's the deal. Post your single best idea for a contest in the comments of this post. If I pick that idea, you'll win a free copy of Like a Thief in the Night and I'll hold the contest in February, with a second copy of Like a Thief... as the prize. Entries must be submitted by 6 P.M. Pacific on Monday, January 14, 2008.