Monday, January 7, 2008

Bettie's Hard Boiled Contest

Hard Boiled. It's not just the name of one of my favorite movies, it's one of my favorite subgenres of mystery, too. While Like a Thief in the Night isn't a mystery or a detective story, I did sprinkle in references titles by two of the subgenre's most famous authors. Why? Because I could.

Weird, right? But my thematic non sequitur can add up to cold, hard, Amazon gift certificates for one lucky reader.

Email me (bettiesharpe at gmail dot com) or leave a comment on this post (or any other posts advertising this contest)* identifying Like a Thief in the Night's references to Raymond Chandler and Dashiell Hammet titles by February 1, 2008 and you'll be entered to win a $25 Amazon gift certificate.

* Update: I just realized, if you post the answer to the comments, the answer won't be a secret (duh). So, scratch that part about comments. Email me at [bettiesharpe at gmail dot com] or [bettie at bettiesharpe dot com]. I'll make sure to check my spam folder so no mail gets lost, and I'll post a list of entries I've received the day before the drawing so people can notify me if their name isn't there.