Saturday, August 4, 2007

From the Road

My Darling Smartass caught me at my laptop this morning and said, "I wonder which one of us has worked more on this vacation?" This made me laugh, because, excepting those stressful hours when I was trying to get "Burning Bright" sent, I haven't worked at all. He, on the other hand, has to tug the umbilical tether back to the office at least once a day just to make sure the place hasn't exploded.

"What are you doing now?" He asks. "Why are you awake early, on vacation*, to type on your laptop?"

"Oh this?" Says I. "I just figured out the answer to a problem I've been muddling over with my latest story."

"Work," he declares, crossing his arms and looking all pleased. Looking like he's right, or something.

"No," I say. "I don't wake up early for work*. This is fun."

And you know what? It is fun.


* Italics totally not added. We're a tad melodramatic.