Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Bettie's EXCELlent Adventure

Or, how I went totally OCD on my 70 Days of Sweat Word Count Tracking Sheet. Observe:

My OCD 70 Days of Sweat Tracking Sheet has the following features:

  • Allows tracking of multiple Works in Progress
  • Provides word count totals for each WIP by 70 Days of Sweat check-in date.
  • Provides Total Word Count as a sum of all WIP word counts for each 70 Days of Sweat check-in date
  • Provides total word count for each WIP (see below)
  • Provides total word count for 70 Days of Sweat (see below)


  • Contains snazzy If/Then statements to ensure it only displays totals when new words have been added.
  • Color-coded by week in soothing pastel shades.
Concerned coworkers, friends and family have suggested that I might be a little too "into" spreadsheets. Perhaps they're right. But just wait until you see the PowerPoint show I'm working on... ;oP