Thursday, June 28, 2007

I'm Not Dead. Really! (Or, Thirteen Things I Did This Week Instead of Blogging)

  1. Write.
    Like my hair was on fire. "Ahhhggghhh!!! Owwww!!!! Helllppp!"
  2. Edit.
    Like an obsessive-compulsive on speed.
  3. Kick ass.
    But I didn't take names.
  4. Sweat.
    It's hot out there, yo.
  5. Cry.
    I read a couple of articles on Veterans' Administration policies for retrofitting the homes of disabled Iraq war vets, and on the way veterans suffering from PTSD have to wait for mental health care. These people put their lives on the line in our armed forces, and when they get home we make them beg and strive and wait for every little scrap of help. We are pathetic.
  6. Eat ice cream.
    It helps with the heat and the crushing sadness.
  7. Nap.
    Outside, in the shade, one lazy afternoon. I highly recommend it.
  8. Sew.
    People keep having kids, and Target doesn't sell enough baby clothes with skulls and daggers on them to suit my gift-giving tastes.
  9. Mail.
    I sent my signed contract to Samhain yesterday. (Squee!)
  10. Drive.
    I live in LA. How the hell else am I supposed to get around?
  11. Walk.
    Oh, yeah, I almost forgot about that. It's a relaxing way to get from place to place provided the weather isn't too hot (see #4).
  12. Laugh.
    My sister is a comedic genius.
  13. Sleep.
    That's what I should be doing right now.