Monday, October 16, 2006

The End by Lemony Snicket

This isn't a review. Really. I haven't even read the book yet. This is just a warning. You may not see me for a week or so. I'll be savoring the thirteenth and final installment of "A Series of Unfortunate Events". I'll be reading it slowly, like a kid with a lollipop - loving it but trying like hell to resist the urge to devour the thing in one great big bite. And no matter when I finish, it will be too soon, because this is the last book in the series - a fact that both elates and depresses me.

And to anyone who has ever wondered why I hate series books, please reread the pathetic paragraph above. Then recall that I have spent years buying these books, and now have thirteen of the damned things sitting on my shelf making me coo in admiration at the beauty of a completed collection, even as I silently lambaste myself for being such a sucker.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a book to read.